Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dish 3: Fried Lamb Chop

Before we get started I'd just like to apologize for taking so long to post again I had some stuff going on that kept me busy. Also I recently found out my Cooking Mama 1 wasn't working so I had to move to Cooking Mama 2, which in my opinion isn't nearly as great. Anyways let's get started on Fried Lamb Chops.

Things to get:
1. Lamb Chops (around a pound should be like $18 yea this dish is pretty expensive)

2. Spreadable butter

3. Black pepper

4. Salt

5. Garlic powder (not shown)

Sides: Cherry tomatoes, broccoli, mashed potatoes (instant)




Step 1: Slice the Ingredients!
Lay out the lamb chops and cut them between the bones.













Cooking mama will ask you to choose a knife before hand.


















Cut it so it looks like this













Step 2:Grind Salt and Pepper!

Grind up some salt and pepper about a 50/50 ratio. Just to lightly cover both sides.















I didn't have the fancy grinders so I just used the preground ones. yay.












Cover them like this.












Warning: I made a mistake here. In cooking mama they want you to grill the lamb first before doing this step, but I did this one first by accident. Everything still turned out ok, but this deviates from the game recipe.

Step 3: Spread on Thick!
Next we want to make some garlic butter. (In the game they don't ever specify what the spread is or how to make it so I just guessed). Scoop some butter, sprinkle in a healthy amount of garlic powder and mix together.




































Next you want to spread it on both sides of the lamb chops.













Step 4: Grill it!
Next we want to grill this thing according to the directions. I did it for 10-15 minutes. To make sure it was cooked.
(high, push, push, flip, low, push push, flip, medium, high, flip)



























Step 5: Set the oven!
So now we want to put the lamb chops in the oven to cook the insides. take a tray and put some tinfoil on it.

























Set the oven to 5 minutes at 250 degrees C































Step 6: Arrange food!
Just set a plate and add the sides if you want to.

















I added some mashed potatoes, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and bread.










End Statements:

So I kind of flubbed up this recipe, but everything still tasted pretty good.
Advice from a REAL LIFE COOKING MAMA (my mom):

You can actually cook the porkchops in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes without having to grill it. Also for a different flavor just use salt + pepper and finely chopped ginger root or a basil leaf.

Did you know? Bread is my favorite food.

Thanks as always for reading and cook like a mama whenever you can :}

1 comment: