Monday, August 10, 2009

Dish 1: Fried Fish

First I'd like to thank my "photographer" Alan who helped me take the pictures, and my "critic" Steph who actually tasted the food.

Things to get:

1. Fish! I got tilapia from Ralph's. 2 fillets for around $4.00, but you can use any fish you choose.

2. A stick of butter OR olive oil depending on what you want to use to fry your fish. Generally olive oil is healthier in small amounts.

3. Flour any kind will do.





Step 1:

Add flour to a pan, enough to coat the surface.













Step 2:
Coat!
Roll the fillet around in the pan. I rolled it 4x like in the game.


























Step 3:
Melt the butter!
Butter the pan using around a 1/2 stick of butter. The game only uses a small square but that wasn't enough to fry a fish. The alternate route would be to use enough olive oil to coat the pan.
























Step 4:
Pan-fry!
Pan-fry the fish. I used the directions in cooking mama. The timing was extended for the actual dish and I left the fish there for about 10 minutes. (low heat, press, press, high, flip, low, press, press, high, flip, low, press, press, high, flip, low, close lip)



















































Step 5:
Arrange the plate!
Arrange food on the plate. I used some boiled broccoli and carrots to add some color. Vegetables are always a good choice.


























End
Steph says: This was surprisingly good for your first foray into Cooking Mama. I would suggest adding garlic salt while frying to add more flavor if you want to.

Alan says: Mmm I'm gonna make this later.

Well that ends my first dish for this blog. I'll try to do about 1 every few days. Thank you for reading and cook like mom.

All Cooking Mama images are property of Nintendo and it's subcorporations. I do not own rights to it and am merely using it to add more visuals to this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment