Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dish 2: Pork Curry Rice

Things to get:
1. Curry any kind in dry cube form will do
2. An onion (purple, white, or yellow)
3. 3 potatoes
4. 2 Carrots
5. Olive Oil
6. Pork chops (the recipe in Cooking Mama calls for like a flank of pork so you can cut thin flat slices but I used pork chops because they were on sale)




Step 1:Peel!
Peel the potatoes (use a peeler, I couldn't find mine so I knifed it and it turned out messy)












Step 2: Cut!
Cut the potatoes. Cooking Mama says to cut them into quarters, but since these were kind of big I cut them into eighths so that they wouldn't take so long to cook. (Cooking Mama also said to cut the carrots right after peeling the potatoes, but I felt that was counterproductive)






















Step 3: Slice up!

Slice the carrots
First lengthwise for each so you have 4 long pieces




























Then across each long piece twice so that you have 12 pieces.













I cut them further since they were a bit big












Step 4: Cut!

Cut off the top and bottom of the onion.












Cut the onion in half and peel it.













I cut it into smaller slices because again I wanted it to cook quicker.












Step 5: Slice up!
Cut the pork















I just cut them into slivers, and around the T-bone part.












Step 6: Saute
Add olive oil to the pan and turn on high heat.












Put in the potatoes first, they take the longest to cook.

















I also added water in there (1/2 cup) and covered the pan to cook the potatoes faster. When the water is gone start to mix it again.











Next I added in the carrots and did the same thing with the water. Kind of feel the carrots and potatoes with the spatula/spoon












Add in the onions next.













And finally the pork. Keep stirring them all until the pork is cooked on the outside.












Step 7: Measure and add! Stew

So depending on the type of curry you use the directions may differ, but for the package I got it said to use 3 cups for half the curry in the box so I added 3 cups of water and then the cube.

Mix it all together (blow, blow, mix, low heat, add curry roux, medium heat, mix, high heat, blow, mix, low heat, mix)

Altogether I let everything cook in the stew for about 15 minutes.






And it should turn to this kind of color after a while.













The finished product with rice.












There you have it, Pork Curry Rice. I was without my critic and photographer today so it was kind of lonely today. My DS is currently down, so I'll add the Cooking Mama game pictures at a later time. Once again thanks for reading and remember to cook like mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment